GHS FCU has a range of products from simple savings accounts to certificates or a personal loan right up to an Individual Retirement Account.
Let us lend a hand by providing you the products to meet your lifestyle so you can be in the drivers seat, navigating all your life changes.
- Regular Share (Savings) Accounts – Save for the future a little at a time. The more you invest in your share account, the stronger your financial outlook. It’s the most popular of all of our options. You are allowed six (6) free withdrawals per quarter.
- Investment Accounts – This is another favorite account among members. It lets you earn even higher dividends on balances over $1000. You can enjoy great returns plus have unlimited withdrawals.
- Super Investment Accounts – This savings account lets you earn the highest possible return on your balances over $10,000 without losing access to your funds. You also enjoy unlimited withdrawals on these accounts.
- Ted E. Bear Children’s Club – Sooner is better when it comes to savings. Start investing in your child’s future early! Each Ted E. Bear account member will receive special “goodies” when the account is opened.
- Christmas Club -This account makes the holidays affordable. Just make budget-friendly deposits throughout the year, and you’ll have plenty of extra “jingle” in your pocket when the holidays roll around.
- Share Certificates- You can deposit affordable amounts for a specific term (for example, $500 for 3, 6, 12, 18, 24, or 36 months), and earn impressive dividends. Watch your money add up! Once the term is up, you can take the money out or roll it over into another high-yield certificate.
- Rising Star Certificates- These certificates allow you to add funds to your original certificate at any time you desire without extending the term of the certificate. You can add to your certificate in amounts of $20 or more.
- Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs) – IRAs have always been a good way to save for your day in the sun. Traditional IRAs offer tax-deferred earnings and you may be able to deduct annual contributions. Roth IRAs offer the potential for tax-free withdrawals, including your earnings. Higher annual contribution limits through 2008 mean greater growth potential for your IRA. Other benefits include greater catch-up contributions, more rollover options, and a new tax credit. You may even want to consult your tax advisor for your eligibility for the Coverdell Education Savings Account (ESA). The Coverdell ESA is a smart way to save for your child’s education and it applies to primary and secondary education as well as college.
One of the smartest moves you can make is to open a checking (share draft) account with GHS Federal Credit Union. With our checking you get ahead of the game:
- NetBranch – Enjoy secure, around-the-clock accessibility to your financial information via the Internet. Check account balances and transaction history. Perform transactions and much more! We’re sure you will enjoy “home branching” with this service.
- Online Bill Pay – Enjoy the convenience of paying all your bills online with our bill pay service. There are no monthly fees to participate. In addition to paying your bills each month, the service also offers Popmoney® and Account to Account transfer options ( a fee may apply for these options and will be disclosed when payments are scheduled).
- Anytime Account Access – To confirm check clearing and balances and to make transfers, call Direct Connect 24, our automated access line, at 288-8524 anytime that is convenient for you.
- Visa™ Check Card (Debit Card) – Accepted worldwide, you can use your Visa™ Check Card to make purchases instead of writing a check or using a credit card. Just slide it through a point-of-sale machine at checkout. Your Visa™ Check Card can be used at ATMs as well. You can also use your card to get cash back at many locations and save a trip to the ATM!
- Overdraft Protection – Gain peace of mind for your bottom line. Contact us for an application.
- Dividend-Earning Checking – Your money earns dividends even though it’s a liquid account! Accounts must maintain a $250 balance to earn dividends.
- NO Absurd Charges – Some institutions will charge you over $100 per year for monthly service charges and per check charges. That only makes “cents” for them.
- Low Balance Requirements – Our low opening deposits and balance requirements make opening a checking account an affordable move.
- No-Waiting Direct Deposit – The ultimate in service! Have your paycheck, Social Security check, and other earnings automatically deposited into your checking account. No more worry about the loss or theft of your check.
- A Variety of Check Designs – With so many to choose from, we’re sure you’ll find one to fit your lifestyle and taste. Our low cost custom checks will save you even more money. You can even reorder your checks online! Click here!
KASASA® CHECKING ACCOUNTS
G.H.S. Federal Credit Union is now offering FREE Kasasa® checking accounts. These accounts feature nationwide ATM fee refunds, monthly cash rewards that require no minimum balance, and no monthly service fees. These new accounts are:
- Kasasa Cash®: a FREE checking account that rewards members with 2.00% APY on their balance and nationwide ATM fee refunds when they qualify.
- Kasasa Cash Back®: a FREE checking account that rewards members with cash back on everyday debit card purchases—no points or categories—and nationwide ATM refunds when they qualify.
- Kasasa Tunes®: a FREE checking account that gives members rewards to spend at iTunes®, Amazon® and Google Play™ and nationwide ATM fee refunds when they qualify.
- Kasasa Saver®: a FREE savings account linked to a Kasasa Cash checking account or Kasasa Cash Back checking account. The member’s dividends or cash back and ATM refunds automatically sweep from their checking account into their Kasasa Saver account—enabling the member to save with no added effort. Members also earn .50% APY on the Kasasa Saver balance when they qualify.
As a member of our credit union, you will find our low rates another perk! If you are considering a new or used vehicle, making home improvements, or even a personal loan we can help!
- New and Used Automobile and Truck Loans – you’ll like our low rates and flexible terms!
- Home Equity Loans – the benefits of a home equity loan really stack up for homeowners. No closing costs are a great member benefit that could save you hundreds. You may also be able to deduct the interest you pay each month from your taxes (consult your tax advisor regarding deductibility of interest). Rates and terms are subject to change but the interest rate will not exceed 18% APR. Property/hazard insurance is required and flood insurance may be required. Other restrictions may apply.
- Property Improvement Loans – this loan is helpful to those members whose home equity is not large enough to obtain a home equity loan.
Personal Loans – we offer these loans based on a percentage of your salary.
- Visa ™Credit Cards – our credit card comes with money saving benefits: ScoreCard® Rewards, generous grace period, no cash advance fee, no annual fee, and best of all a low interest rate!
Other loan products that are available:
- First Mortgages
- Share Secured Loans
- Recreational Vehicle Loans
- Boat and Motorcycle Loans
- Land Loans
- Vacation Loans
- Christmas Loans
- Sallie Mae Student Loans
- Adoption Loans
- Medical Loans
- Education Assistance
- Refinanced Vehicles
Application Center – You can now submit your application online! Once you have completed the process, a loan officer will contact you with further instructions.
SALLIE MAE SMART OPTION STUDENT LOANS
With the ever-rising cost of college tuition, sometimes scholarships, grants and other federal loan programs don’t foot the total bill! Now you can pay for college the smart way, through the Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan Program, available now through your credit union! With convenient payment terms and competitive interest rates, the Smart Option Student Loan Program provides a very flexible way to cover the cost of higher education! Just click on the link to get started!
This program is for borrowers attending degree-granting institutions only. Credit criteria and eligibility requirements apply. GHS Federal Credit Union is not the creditor for these loans and is compensated by Sallie Mae for the referral of Smart Option Student Loan customers.